Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bike Cleaning Day April 19th & short ride

Bike Cleaning Day and Short Ride 41909

Originally we (Val, I, Willie, and Philip) had planned on a ride to Chico Tx to meet up with the Just Ride group but when Willie called sometime around 11AM I had got up late and told him it was 50-50 but I would call Philip. I called Philip and left VM so he called back later and said the wind was bad, and I went out side with the dogs and it was just too chilly at the time. So I told Philip if he wanted to come over I was going to spend the afternoon cleaning my bike and he brought his bike over as well. Jim (Scooter Express) and Tammy showed up so while Philip and I cleaned our bikes Jim and Tammy shot the bull with us. At about 3 or 4PM we started getting ready to rap up when Mark called Philip and told him he was at Stroker’s. I wanted be outside and go to a park so Philip took off to Strokers while Jim, Tammy, I and Val took off for Grapevine.

We went to the park on the North side of the dam and now they are charging 5 bucks to go into the park so I told the lady that we would just turn around and leave. She said we could ride threw the park but I said we wanted to stop a short while and she mentioned 5 or 10 minutes. Val had packed some cheese, summer sausage and crackers so I knew we would be longer then 5 or 10 minutes. We road threw the park and headed south towards the Dove Road park. As we were headed that way I saw a sign that said Hattie’s Woods so I followed the signs. It was a nice little park so we stopped and had our snacks there. Here are some of the pictures.

We are just south west of the dam.







The bikes and the picnic table.



Val happy to be here. She just got back from Las Vegas yesterday and she as well as we are happy she is home. She enjoyed her trip to see her whole family but there is no place like home.



We sit down to have some cheese and crackers.




I decide to take a walk about to see what trails there might be around and to see where they lead. Here is a little spot I found.






Val then grabbed the camera and this one is just for my family can see me.



It was a cool, in fact too cool for me day, but we got the bike clean and Val got to go for a ride. She was going to be dang upset if she could not go for at least a short ride after her trip to Vegas. Susan – David, she had a great time and has told me all the stories.

I finally realized I had a voice message from my dad tonight, sounds like he is ok, but he dropped his bike today. A bit a bruises and scrapes on him and the bike but he made sure I knew he was ok. Well dad sounds like you earned another stripe. Glad to hear your ok, I will call you tomorrow as I know you’re in bed as of now.

Ride safe and have fun!

Pj

No comments: