Saturday, August 30, 2008

A little Ride to Lake Grapevine

Saturday, August 30, 2008 Val and I head off to the post to have breakfast at about 0855 and we get there, call Philip and Paul but no answers. We were not surprised as they were over last night until late thirty. Jim shows up and we eat and discuss a ride. I remember that I happened to have my prescription papers with me and so we head to COSCO so I can drop them off. It was a nice ride so far, traffic was light and the day had not yet warmed up too much. After dropping the papers I just start heading north. We end up at a park at the end of Kimball. They told us we needed to pay if we stayed so we just drove through. It looks like half the park was closed as one of the roads was blocked off and since there was no shady places to stop we just rode on through. We turned right on some street which ended up taking us through another park where Philip, Paul, and I had stopped once before to watch the radio controlled aircraft. Again no shade so we kept on riding to Carol Street. I decided to turn right and it ended at this place called Paradise Cove. I started to recognize it and sure enough it was a place called the Catfish Hut back many years ago before some of the big floods we had in the early 2000 era. We never traversed it by land until now as we always came by boat out of Twin Coves Marina on the north side of Lake Grapevine. So we stop and here are four pictures I took of the area. It is now a place you can rent out for meetings, celebrations and such.






We then started off just to head south. We (I) got a little lost and we ended up coming to another dead end but man the houses and land was really cool. So we got headed in the right direction again and made our way to Dukes Road House and had a cold beer and Jim went on home as did we. It was a nice ride but a very muggy day.

Pj

No comments: