Sunday, January 4, 2009

Justin Group Lunch at Chili’s Jan 9, 2009

Justin Group Lunch at Chili’s Jan 9, 2009

I got up this morning and the weather was foggy, damp, and fairly gusty. I was half tempted to cancel the lunch today with only 3 folks RSVP’d and the weather looking a bit out of sorts. I grabbed my cup of JO and listened the weather report and they were still forecasting a good day especially out west (which is where we were headed from my home anyway). I logged on to my work computer held a few meetings and stuck my head out the door at 11AM. It was warmer but still cloudy, chilly, and a bit windy but I figured what the heck all is go and it is too late to cancel the lunch at this point. Val decided she wanted to go last night and she was still game this morning so we both started getting ready.

We headed up 121 to 114 and it was windy but for the most part on 121 the wind was to our backs, the traffic was fair and everyone on the road seemed to be behaving themselves so it was a pleasant ride. We pulled into the Chili’s parking lot and we were early so I told Val I wanted to take a couple of shots of Chili’s and the street sign with the Chili’s logo next to it.




After shooting a couple of pictures we start to mossy to the front door and find New York Jeoy waiting for us in his bigger then life Giants sweat shirt. He waved over to us and I looked around to make sure none of my cowboy fan friends were around and I waved back. We all introduced ourselves and then Chilly and Darth Raider came pulling up. Shortly after that came Taz and then Fetch. As it turns out Fetch and I go back a bit. We both are involved in the American Legion and she about a year ago stopped to see if I was ok while I had pulled over to do a little map reading. She owns Cyclone Motorcycle Rescue Towing & Transport and is on the AAA list.

So it was picture time, left to right is Val, Joey, Taz, Darth Raider, Chilly, and Fetch just in front of Chilly.



We stood outside a bit as Joey had mentioned that Terry was coming but then shortly later the manager came out and told us our table was ready. We had what I thought was a very good waitress, Mandy, in fact she even took one of the pictures since I did not get Taz very good in the one I took. But here are both shots. The first one I took left to right is Val, the head behind her is Taz, Chilly, the down the table was Darth Raider, Ethan, Terry, Joey, and Fetch.



Now Mandy takes the next shot. Left to Right is Val, Taz (yes you can see her now), Chilly, Darth Raider, me (just killed this shot), Ethan, Terry poking his head out, Joey, and last but certainly not least Fetch.



We all talked a bit and enjoyed each other company and then the time flew so it was time to beat cleats before the Friday traffic started. On the way home the wind was much worse then going so it kind of killed any crazy notion of riding away from home. The folks are met today are warm, friendly, and very easy to feel comfortable with and it was a very enjoyable meet and greet.

Be safe, have fun, and enjoy the moment.

Pj

No comments: