Sunday, September 6, 2009

Trip to Westfest September 6, 2009

After a bunch of discussion at our nightly staff meeting in my back yard it was decided that the destination for today would be West, Texas for their Czech Festival. I would rate the festival a solid A. They had lots of food, drink, and tents for shade. The folks were all very friendly and the lines where short during the time of day we went. I expect that at night it gets rather busy as they have two huge tents for dancing and bands. One had Elvis and another a polka band. On the way down there we only stopped once, Val as a true trooper. Here are the shots of the festival, I will talk about parking later. But beer was US$3 and the food was very reasonable. I think I spent less here then at the Bedford Bluesfest yesterday.

Val and Brett in one of the vendor tents.



Some general shots.





Brett is really getting into heavy photography so he could not resist talking to the dude with an expensive looking camera. They talked for quite some time, birds of a feather…




Here is 3 more general shots.





When the polka band started playing folks got dancing but this one little girl really caught my eye. The picture does not do justice to her dance style. I think she has real potential, as she knew the moves to solo dancing that was captivating as well as having the audience watching her very intently. She used her arms, legs, smile, and body to really put forth a cool presentation.



Val shot a picture of Brett and me.



On the way back to where we parked a train came by so Brett and I shot some pictures. Why do not ask me but at the time it was the thing to do.




Now the next shot has some story behind it. We were driving along what is called Main Street we found signs for parking at $2 or $3. We went pass the signs and saw a bike parked next to some round bails of hay. So we made a U turn to see what that was all about. Well as we went down Main I say a shady spot in front of this house and some folks were headed for the front door. So I shouted, hey can we park here and they said sure go ahead. We backed into the Shade on the gravel and then I proceeded to the front door to ask the owner. I was going to even offer a couple of bucks but she was so friendly she just said go right ahead. We ended up being closer to the main gate then that had we parked in the pay for parking. I later learned that even in the pay for parking areas it was free or they had free motorcycle parking spots. Man these folks are great.

I got a shot of their mail box as Val plans to send them a thank you note. When we got back we did notice another biker parked next to us, I hope he too asked permission.



On the way back we decided to take the 916 back road to the city of Maypearl. It was a bit warm so time to stop for a cold one. I say this church called Chambers Creek Baptist Church and pulled under the front entrance. We left one can and one plastic bottle of water in the 50-gallon grill drum they left in front. I hope they do not mind but I did not want to litter. I figure God will not mind if a few road weary travelers stopped by his house to take on some beverage.




We then left and as we traversed the 916 we ran across this airplane, well had to stop for a photo opt. Anyone know what it is, we do not.



I shot one of the bikes and Val from across the street.



We stopped again in Venus and in Arlington getting back home at about 415 PM or so. It was a great trip and I enjoyed Brett’s company. Another great ride with good folks.

Pj

No comments: