Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Vacation Sept – Oct Day 2 Sept 27

Another great day for riding, it was supposed to get a little hot today and the weather did get very warm but not out of control hot. We knew we not have far to ride from Ardmore to Davis OK, so we just took a very leisurely ride up the 77 towards Davis. It was warm enough for me to ware my wet jacket.

We stop at this Sand storage area and I climb in side. Up north this would have been a salt storage building.

I went in and up the sand pile with the camera and shot Val.




I do not know what I was thinking, but 77 took us right up to Turner Falls Park. I say this little building with a sign on it saying Curio. And it looked like there was a scenic area to look at. Well I parked in front and Val in the back and she comes walking over to flag me to come with her. I was like, hum ok so what did she find. Well bingo we were on an over look of Turner Falls.












I saw the graffiti in this rock that looked like it said VAL and sure enough it did so I had her stand next to it. No she did not put it there.


We mount up and take off for Davis, we had plans to stay at the La Ville Hotel in down town Davis. When I had called them yesterday they said no problem on a room, it was going to be a bit pricey but I thought one night, why not splurge a bit. They told me they were under new management and he did not have the computer or his notes in front of him, but to come by sometime after 1130 AM. Well as we come around a turn on 77 I find this place called Turner Falls Inn and it has cabins right on Honey Creek. We stop and get 3 keys to look at rooms and one cabin. We fell in love with the place. I set up a reservation for tomorrow night and tell Samantha the host that if something does not pan out with the La Ville can we stay tonight. She says no problem so off we go headed towards Davis. We get down town Davis and all but the Mexican restaurant was closed including the hotel. We decide to have lunch at the Mexican restaurant, which was fair at best, and I call Samantha at the Turner Falls Inn. She says she will leave the cabin open.

We eat and show up back at the Inn and sure enough the key is in the lock and Samantha is gone. So we move in. Here are some shots of the place.








The grill needed some cleaning so I found a shovel and started getting it ready for some dinner later tonight.



While we road back and forth to Davis on 77 we notice this cool looking restaurant and bar that always seemed to have a bunch of bikes parked in the parking lot. Se we decided what the heck lets go there and have a cold one. Val wanted to take a short ride anyway so off we go. We are not hungry yet and we did buy some groceries in Davis to grill up. We go to the bar, order up a couple of drinks and go out to the deck over looking Honey Creek. We place was called “The Cliff and it is in Cedarvale Gardens just a stones throw from our Inn. We are sitting down just a few minutes facing the creek and I hear “PJ”. I turn around and there is Angela and Brandon from Rally Up Texas. Hugs, salutations, and such commence and they grab a couple of chairs and join us. We had a great time and they came back to the Inn with us to have a nightcap. They wanted to stay but had to work the next day, I tried not to pressure them into staying as I know how that is, but it was difficult. Our cabin did have two separate bedrooms and we did have a great time. Here are some shots of their visit. Some shots they took of us with our camera.

The first 3 shots are at the restaurant.

Then you will notice where we are on a tree over hanging the creek, Val was not all that excited about going out on the limb..




















Val takes a shot of Brandon and I starting a fire.



Here is one more shot of the grounds, Brandon and I on our picnic table and one of Angela on the couch.






Well Angela and Brandon did have to go, so I parked the bike at the bottom of the hill, cooked up some hot dogs and called it a night.



It was a great day and a wonderful surprise running across Angela and Brandon. Well the vacation is going to great so far.

Ride safe and have fun.

Pj

No comments: