Thursday, October 2, 2008

Around Joe Pool Lake 92808

Around Joe Pool Lake 92808

Since we did not get home until later then expected Saturday night from our ride north of Lake Grapevine and the Post I had a bunch of stuff to do Sunday morning. We had talked about doing a Sunday ride late Saturday night at one of our sit in the driveway and have a few cold ones discussions but when no one showed up early I thought this would be a good time to get my stuff done. Val needed my Van so I had to clean it up and get one of the bench seats back in it. Well sure enough I am only half way through the work and Paul calls (not Paul the CLG (Chairman of the Lollypop Guild)) but Paul you will see in one of the shots below. He worked on his bike all morning to get ready for today’s ride and after telling him I was now busy I could tell he really wanted to go. So as it happens Philip shows up and he helps me get the seat in the Van and I call Paul to tell him I think I can be ready in about 30 or so minutes. Phillip says he is good to go so off he goes to get ready and I speed through my choirs.

Paul shows up and off we go to Philip’s to pick him up. A short discussion ensues on where to go and Philip says he would like to cruise around the back side of Joe Pool and maybe we could have lunch at the Marina.

I now know I want to explore that area further. There was a bunch of roads I would have liked to turn down so that will be a nice day trip sometime. Anyway sure enough we pass over a little creek and I pull over to take pictures. This is the first ride Paul has ever gone with us so he pulls beside me and asks what is wrong. I said picture time! Philip gets turned around as he was leading when I pulled over and he parks his bike. I walk off to take the next three pictures.

Here is Paul and Philip on the side of the road while I am walking away.



Here is a couple of shots of the creek.





As I am walking back Paul and Philip are kind of laughing it up so I ask what is so funny. Well Paul asked about my picture taking and Philip said if there are rocks or water I will most likely stop to take pictures and when there are both he knows to automatically pull over. In fact he was surprised I let us go by another cool looking stream earlier in the ride.

Anyway, we ride through some great areas but again I want to go back and take some little roads I saw along the way to see where they go off to and what cool shots I could get. We end up at the Marina have a great tasting but a little pricy lunch and then head back on home. It was a fun ride and I certainly enjoyed and I think they did also.

Take care and ride safely.

PJ

No comments: