Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our First 2008 Fire Sit out

Our First 2008 Fire Sit out

I was out in my garage working a bit late when Paul (CLG Paul) and Angela drove up and asked if I needed anything from the store. I said no, then Paul said what would I say about a fire at his place tonight. To give you a little history, there are some of us who sit out starting at about 830 9PM every night just to kind of kick back and reflect on the day. Normally it is at my house but we do from time to time go to others houses. You most likely have seen some of the pictures of some of the other sit outs if you follow my ride reports or Blogg. Anyway we even sit out in winter which means we need a fire. Paul and I both have fire pits and Paul re-did his so he wanted to show it off. Man it was a big improvement and you could roast a pig in his fire pit. Anyway since the night before it was a bit chilly I thought why not, and said call me when you’re ready.

It was not too much later after they left that Brandon showed up and asked me what’s up and I told him about the sit out at Paul’s house with the fire and he was also up for that.

Well sure enough Paul calls and gives me an hour to come on over so I start closing up work and head that way. Philip shows up shortly after I get there and needs to go get some beer and needs something from his house. I asked him to bring his camera back as much to everyone’s surprise I forgot mine. He comes back with his camera and he and I take some shots. This first one is of me and Paul’s some Stephen. I will not say who is who.



Here is a shot of Brandon.


Here is a shot of Paul and his son Stephen.


Here is a group shot of Brandon, Philip, Paul, and Stephen.



It was a nice relaxing evening and we covered politics, motorcycles, engines, and oh yea, Brandon falling into the fire pit. Thank God he was ok, just a few burns. He was warming his back side and was closer to the rock edge then he thought and when he went to go backwards further he just fell right in. We all jumped up and had him out of there in seconds. He still got a few burns, but like I said he was good enough to continue the evening. Still a little too early for jokes but there will be many as time goes by.

Have a good one.
Pj

No comments: