Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Short Ride to North Lake Grapevine

Last year I had run across this road that headed north off of 1171 which I now knows wines around back to 377. Last year when I took the road I was not sure where it went so I turned around and went on my way. So Val and I decided to explore that road to see where it ends up. We stopped at the Chili’s in Roanoke to have lunch and they had the St Jude fund raiser going on so that was a bit of a pleasant surprise.





Elvis was in town.





The kids were just eating up the dunk tank. They were hoping people could hit the paddle so they could get wet.


Some really cool looking bar bikes. What I mean by bar bikes is that is only about as far as you would want to ride them.


We had our lunch and took for the journey. The road was fairly cool, it is unlikely I will return down that road unless someone is into some very cool looking houses. There was a little gift shop right off of 1171 but it was closed and other then that there were no places to stop to take some of the very scenic shots I would have liked to.

We ran across 377 and headed back south and then off of 114 we took the Dove route which is also quite scenic. Val had to take a pit stop so we headed into down town Grapevine and Whilhouts and had a cold one. From there we decided to take airport freeway further south and ran across a field full of little yellow flowers. Yes we had to stop, Val was hitting my helmet and pointing, ooh ooh cool.. So we stopped and I took some pictures.





We got riding again and ended up at this little park over by 157 and Mid Cities Blvd.





We were getting tired and ready to head home but we got a call reminding us of the American Legion Post 379 Riders meeting so we headed over there. We held the meeting and hope to find ways to increase the membership and participation. Here is a few shots of some of the folks there.

Left to right and front to back by row, Brenda, John, Sunny, Ray, Val, Angela, Gary, and Robert.


One shot with me it.



After the meeting we had the ALR Steak cook and they were very good. So an end to another good day of riding. You all be safe and hope to see you on the road.

PJ

No comments: