Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vacation Sept – Oct Day 4 Sept 29

Vacation Sept – Oct Day 4 Sept 29

We rode from Davis to Lawton in a very short time on Hwy 7. It was not as back woods as I thought so the only reason I am even writing about this day is because of the Yamaha - Kawasaki shop in Duncan we came across. I had Val checking the oil via the looking glass before we left home and throughout the trip. She kept wavering from ok to low so I decided the first motorcycle place we ran across I would stop. Sure enough I found the perfect shop in Duncan. These guys were very caring and helpful. After careful consultation the two guys in the back decided I did need some oil so they had me pull the bike back to the garage area. After adding about ¾ a quart (mental note, ask a fellow biker to look at oil looking glass to determine oil needs) they told me that was about as much as the oil filter would take. I just had the bike serviced down in Hurst, I need to have a talk with those guys as this is the second incident I have had with their maintenance service work. Anyway the guys also checked my tire pressure and all they asked for in return was my recommendation which I would have given them anyway. In retrospect I should have given them a 5 or 10 spot for some beer as it may have saved my butt. But I highly recommend them, Val did buy some rider sunglasses

While I was back in the garage shooting the stuff with the guys Val shot these pictures. The place is located on 81 on the north side of Duncan.




We arrived in Lawton and stayed our first night at the Best Western. After checking in to the hotel we went looking for a greener manger to stay for the days ahead. There are a bunch of marathon runners coming in for some marathon this weekend so all of the non smoking rooms were booked towards the end of the week. We plan to stay up here until Sunday. We found the Executive Inn which had great prices, a little restaurant, and patio lounge which I am as of Day 6, Oct 1 sitting in right now as I write this with my beer and Mai Tai.


Vacation Sept – Oct Day 5 Sept 30

Before we left for the Executive Inn we got some rain drops and then I noticed these clouds. Now being stationed in Florida back in the military days, I have seen small clouds with rain coming down but I have never seen clouds this small dropping rain.






I am not sure if I mentioned in prior ride reports but Val threw out her back the last day in Turner Falls so today we really did not do much other then get to our new lodge, eat dinner at Red Lobster, I had some work issues going on, and then we got to go up to the room for a short while that had Jacuzzi. There was one point when the lady at the front desk call our room to tell me they had some guests coming and they wanted that room so I ran up to the room to tell Val it was time to evacuate. Then they never showed up so we both went up to the room and sat in the Jacuzzi for a very short time frame. So hopefully tomorrow Val will feel good enough to at least take the car out behind me, otherwise we discussed that I would go exploring alone.

I did get to get caught up on my ride reports and Val did take a picture at our new stay.




Ride safe and have fun.

Pj

No comments: