Sunday, October 4, 2009

Vacation Sept – Oct Day 8 Oct 3

Vacation Sept – Oct Day 8 Oct 3

Jim sent me a text message saying there were running late because of housekeeping cleaning his room so for the first time we were ready before them with the exception of me getting my socks and boots on. Val just had to rub it in that now I was the hold up versus her.



The weather was nippy but not cold. We stopped at place called Osage or something like that lake. We split up, Jim and Tammy going one way we the other on two different paths and never did find the lake but here are some interesting shots. One is of a rather twisted tree that from afar looked like a hammock.






After that still headed West we found a pull off called Caddo Lake so we stopped there. For an amateur such as myself I think with the cloudy over cast we got some real nice shots here.








On the way to the West end of the preserve I showed Tammy and Jim the Lost Lake picnic area just incase when we got to our planned BBQ destination Sunset, they knew the difference and could make a choice as to where we should really BBQ for a late lunch. I have not been to Sunset yet but I do know that Lost Lake picnic area is fantastic.

Well we went down to Sunset and the place was so crowded that we could not even park so we road on back towards the end of the preserve to the West. I found this little pull off and followed it. I was standing on the bridge when I took the water shots and then the rest of the shots where on a 4-hour hiking path of which we did not traverse very far.







After this stop we decided to head to the Preserves end before going back to the Lost Lake picnic area for our late lunch. By now I was getting hungry and based on the history of this Preserve I was thinking there could be a lot of stops. But we quickly came to the end and here are some shots Val and I took.






It was a full decision by everyone that we would go back to the Lost Lake picnic area for lunch. The clouds kept coming and going. We were never sure what to expect out of today’s weather. We had a very nice late lunch, met a dog from some folks down the way, talked with a few others, and had our lunch in peace and solitude.






After another great meal of hot dogs, beans, grilled onions, snacks, and other minor goodies we were ready to hit the road. Well as we were leaving the Preserve sure enough we got some sprinkles on us, just enough for me to roll up on the throttle to move a long a little faster but not bad enough to become worry sum. At one point Val came along side and took a shot.



We got back to the hotel, looked at the weather reports, sat in the Jacuzzi that was very hot, talked about tomorrow’s plans based on weather and decided to stay another night to wait out the storms. Sure enough we woke up Sunday October 4, to light rain and drizzle so we watched the Cowboys play lousy football and loose from our hotel room, continue writing ride reports, clean camera equipment, do laundry, and have a few drinks. As for tomorrow who knows, I looked going North, East, West, and of course South towards home and everything looks like rain so who knows what we will do. I might just ride to Chicago.

Well this is what riding is all about, great days, good days, and those once in awhile interesting days where you never know where you might end up or how it will be getting there. I am glad I took two weeks vacation.

Have fun, stay safe, and seize the moment.

Pj

No comments: