Friday, October 2, 2009

Vacation Sept – Oct Day 6 Oct 1

Vacation Sept – Oct Day 6 Oct 1

Well with Val’s back being out she drove the car behind me instead of riding on the bike which kind of worked out good as we brought everything except the kitchen sink. We took off down Cache Road, which turned into 62, and from there we turned off on the Scenic 115 and got some fuel. It was not long before we learned this was going to be a many stop day. As we headed up the 115 and hit the animal preserve we quickly discovered the long horns grazing next to and crossing the road. This is open range and the sign say the Long Horns and Buffalo can be dangerous, but they seem quite content on just grazing.



I then spot a sign saying Crater Lake so we head that way. Here are some shots from that stop.








We head up to where 115 and 49 meet and there is a visitor station there. Val buys a tee shirt while I mosey around the place. After awhile of hanging out we decide to head west on 49. Val takes a shot of me riding while we start or journey.



We continue down the road and I need to look at map as there are so many side jaunts and I have learned that sometimes the attractions are well marked and sometimes not.



It is getting close to lunch time and we are hungry so we decide to start looking for a scenic place to stop to eat. Man we found a very quiet scenic place. Here are a bunch of shots of the area and us cooking on the grill.













After a few hot dogs and a BBQ pork steak it is time to adventure on. It is not very long at all and we happen on this little area.










As we were coming down this road I saw a little road with no sign on the left so I decided we should go down that road on our way out from here. Once again I am glad we did. When we came to a fork in the road the two choices were both gravel so I reluctantly decided go left first but pay dirt. Here are some shots from where this road ended.

First I see what looks like a dam but I cannot get a good view of it from here other then what you see below, but another cool thing about this area is the tree I shot. I could not find any definite signs of human tools but I could not find per say any tooth marks that indicate a beaver. I am 50 – 50 on what caused this.








We take off back towards the paved road and since we found such a good site on this gravel road I decided to take the other one to its end. And wha la I find the dam.





Time to go to the next stop. We stop in this wooded area and then bingo deer. Val says oh look at the Bambie’s, I say man look at the chili over a wood fire. They just seem to know it is not hunting season.









We went back to the hotel, it was a great day and a great adventure. Jim and Tammy called saying they got up here and are checked in. Val and I were out on the Patio of the Patio Lounge in our Hotel, having a couple of drinks and I was working on ride reports. They came walking by and joined us.




We later got into the hot tub and then after what seemed a short time went back to our hotel and went to bed.

Ride Safe and have Fun!

Pj

No comments: